Guðni Th. Jóhannesson, the president of Iceland, kicked off the Iceland Innovation Week earlier today. This is the first festival held in Iceland after the last covid restrictions were relaxed and contains over 70 events taking place both in person and online. Live-streamed events can be accessed here and are free of charge.
According to a press release from the event organisers, the festival is intended to draw attention to innovation that takes place in Iceland within institutions, companies, and startups. The home of the festival is the Vísindagarðar Innovation Centre, which is operated by the City of Reykjavík and the University of Iceland.
Below are some of the events that will be featured in the program:
- Nordic Innovation Health Forum: Let’s Talk About the Future of Nordic Healthcare Service!
- CCP and the University of Iceland The Friendship Machine: Forming a New Type of Human Connection
- Women Tech Iceland: Why Inclusive Teams Make Better Products and Services
- Össur: 50 Years of Life Without Limitations
- FKA Innovation Committee: The Dangerous Myth of Empowerment for Women
- Aranja – JS Meetup: Startup Stories
- Agile Nordics: Introduction to Agile Nordics
- Nordic Wasabi: Green Innovation That Tastes Good
- Feed the Viking: Morning Dip in The Atlantic
- CCP: Eve Online 4evah!
- Icelandair: Iceland’s Largest E-commerce website: Innovation for International Markets at Icelandair.
- Weird Pickle. Get Creative. Get out of Iceland.
- Kex Hostel: Open Mic for Startups and Entrepreneurs
- Marel: Marel’s Virtual Showrooms