The final event of Startup Tourism was held in Tjarnarbíó on April 28th. Nine new companies in tourism pitched their business ideas to a room full of investors, key players in the tourism sector and other guests.
Startup Tourism is a ten week accelerator, operated by Icelandic Startups. Íslandsbanki, Isavia, Blue Lagoon, and Vodafone are sponsors.
The following companies pitched:
- Deaf Iceland – Tailored services and recreation in sign language.
- Hælið – Historic exhibit about the history of tuberculosis in Kristnes in Eyjafjörður
- IceYoga – A travelling yoga adventure around the country.
- Myshopover – A platform that will empower tourists to shop with a local.
- Reykjavik Rainbow Museum – A unique experience based on light and colours, combining art and science.
- Sigló Ski Lodge – A new destination and center for nature-lovers in Northern Iceland
- Sólvangur Icelandic Horse Center – Sólvangur offers an unique experience on an authentic Icelandic horse farm.
- The Cave People – Dynamic view into the man-made caves Icelanders once called home.
- Travelscope – A search engine designed to find the dream trip based on preferences and special needs.
This short post is a part of The Update – crowdsourced news and updates from the Icelandic startup and tech community. If you wish to share an announcement, send us a message.